Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Surface tension

The surface tension experiments:

For these experiments, we will need - 
  • A petri dish
  • A pipette 
  • A measuring cup
  • A peace cardboard
  • Two coins ($2)
  • Dishwashing liquid soup
  • Hand soap
  • Pepper (fine)
  • Water

The first experiment was interesting. My dad told us to observe carefully, or we might miss the results.

I filled the measuring cup to the top. I had to be careful not to spill the water. My sister used the pipette to add water to the cup. She added one drop of water at a time. She stopped adding water, but my dad encouraged her to add more drops. So she added a lot more drops before my dad stopped her. What we saw next was amazing. The water was making a bubble over the top. It surprised me how many drops my sister added and it didn’t spill. I did the experiment too.

This is what we saw. 





to be continued...

9 comments:

  1. Very interesting Edmon. Did it take a lot of time to prepare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your science experiments on your blog. What a great idea to take a video of your experiment. I am also surprised of the results. Fantastic learning Edmon and whanau!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow edmon that is really cool! I might do that experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow amazing project

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow how did it do that that is so cool

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.